Albuquerque is the most crowded city of New Mexico. The city serves as the province seat of Bernalillo County and it is located in the focal part of the state, straddling the Rio Grande.
The Sandia Mountains run around the eastern side of the city and the Rio Grande courses through the city from north to south. It is additionally the home of the International Balloon Fiesta, the world’s biggest assembling of hot-air inflatables from around the world. The city is well known for its diverse population and it is also a hot spot for manny tourist from around the United States. Albuquerque offers many such attractions that brings in numerous visitors. If you are interested to know more about the city, you can either take the help of a guide or even hire a bicycle and roam around on your own and get to know the city.
POPULATION OF ALBUQUERQUE IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Albuquerque in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –554,621
- 2013 –556,495
- 2014 –558,079
- 2015 –559,633
- 2016 – 561,247
Taking a look at the population of Albuquerquefrom the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 6626 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 1325. Hence, the population of Albuquerque in 2017 is forecasted to be 561,247 + 1325 = 562,572. So, the population of Albuquerque in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 562,572.
Albuquerque Population 2017 – 562,572 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF ALBUQUERQUE:
According to 2010, there were 239,116 families out of which 33.3% had youngsters less than 18 years old living with them, 43.6% were hitched couples living respectively, 12.9% had a female householder with no spouse present and 38.5% were non-families. 30.5% of all families were comprised of people and 8.4% had somebody living alone who was 65 years old or more. The normal family size was 2.40. The age appropriation was 24.5% under 18, 10.6% 18-24, 30.9% 25-44 and 12.0% 65 or more. The middle age was 35 years. For each 100 females there were 94.4 males.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ALBUQUERQUE:
The population density of the city is 1142 persons per square kilometer. New Mexico in general has slacked in population growth, increasing only 0.09% in the whole state from July 2012 to July 2013. This puts the state near the extremely base for the nation and behind neighboring states like Colorado and Utah which have increased around 1.4%. Its metropolitan population currently is growing at a rate of 1-2% every year. From the year 2000 to 2010, the metro territory grew 21.6%.
FACTS ABOUT ALBUQUERQUE:
- Albuquerque was established in 1706 when Spain set up a military presidio as the Spanish pioneer station of Ranchos de Albuquerque.
- The 10,378 foot-high Sandia Crest provides an all encompassing view of more than 11,000 square miles.
- A 2.7-mile aeronautical tramway found five miles upper east of Albuquerque whisks guests to the highest point of 10,378 foot Sandia Peak in around twenty minutes. It is the longest cable car in North America and has the third longest traverse on the planet.
- The Albuquerque Isotopes, a small time baseball team got their mascot name from a scene of the Simpsons, where Springfield’s baseball team plans to move to the city.
- The first Bitcoin machine appeared in a cigar shop known as Imbibe in Albuquerque.
Now find the latest population of Albuquerque in 2019 here