Anchorage is a home rule municipality in Alaska. With an expected 298,695 occupants in 2015, it is Alaska’s most crowded city and contains more than 40 percent of the state’s aggregate populace among the 50 states, just New York has a higher rate of inhabitants who live in its most crowded city.
It is situated in the south-focal bit of Alaska at the end of the Cook Inlet on a landmass framed by the Knik Arm toward the north and the Turnagain Arm toward the south. Its area on the globe puts it inside 9 1⁄2 hours via air to about 90% of the industrialized world. It is one of the most scenic places to visit in the United States and it has a charm of its own.
POPULATION OF ANCHORAGE IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Anchorage in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –293,194
- 2013 –294,203
- 2014 –296,660
- 2015 –298,695
- 2016 – 299,801
Taking a look at the population of Anchorage from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 6607 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 1321. Hence, the population of Anchorage in 2017 is forecasted to be 299,801 + 1321 = 301,122. So, the population of Anchorage in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 301,122.
Anchorage Population 2017 – 301,122 (estimated)
The population of Anchorage Metropolitan Statistical Area in 2013 estimates was more than 395,000 and now in 2017 it expected to increase to more than 410,000. This area consist of the Municipality of Anchorage and the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in the south central region of Alaska.
DEMOGRAPHY OF ANCHORAGE:
The occupants of the city incorporate German (17.3%), English (10.8%), Irish (9.1%), Scandinavian (6.9%) and Canadian (5.6%). Of the Scandinavians in the city, 3.6% are Norwegian and 0.6% are Danish.
As per the 2010 American Community Survey, roughly 82.3% of inhabitants beyond five years old spoke just English at home. Spanish was used by 3.8% of the population; speakers of other Indo-European dialects made up 3.0% of the population; the individuals who spoke Asian and Pacific Islander dialects at home were 9.1% and speakers of different dialects consisted of 1.8%.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ANCHORAGE:
The population density of Anchorage is 66.1 persons per square kilometer. It is as of now ready to experience its most prominent growth spurt in its history, with growth that will ease interest for office space and lodging that has driven up rent and home loan costs in the city. Population and monetary development is expected for Anchorage as occupation goes up, populace climbs relentlessly, individual pay enhances and oil costs keep on rising.
FACTS ABOUT ANCHORAGE:
- By the year 1940, its population had multiplied to 4,000 individuals, yet by 2010 it had expanded just about 10 times to almost 400,000. This fast development is credited to the Cold War, when Anchorage developed in key significance because of its nearness to the previous Soviet Union.
- The city isn’t as entirely as frosty as you may think. A sea impact (which means, it’s near the sea) keeps winter temps around the 20 degree mark.
- The most astounding the mercury has ever climbed up in its thermometer is 86 degrees. It has been more than 60 years since things got that sweltering.
- All things considered, great water makes great espresso, and as indicated by the American Water Works Association, Anchorage is one of the urban communities with the best-tasting drinking water.
- It’s Mountain View is as indicated by the 2010 enumeration, the country’s most diverse group. The second and third-most diverse neighbourhoods are likewise in Anchorage.
Now find the latest population of Anchorage in 2019 here