Annapolis is the capital of Maryland and additionally the district seat of Anne Arundel County. Located on the Chesapeake Bay at the mouth of the Severn River. It served as the seat of the Continental Congress in 1783–84 and was the location of the 1786 Annapolis Convention and the Annapolis Peace Conference held in the year 2007. The city is the home of St. John’s College and additionally the United States Naval Academy.
It is the seat of St. John’s College, a non-partisan private college that was once bolstered by the state; it was opened in the year 1789 as the successor of King William’s School, which was established by an act of the Maryland assembly in the year 1696 and was started in 1701. The city also boasts of a huge number of Asian population.
POPULATION OF ANNAPOLIS IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Annapolis in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –38,482
- 2013 –38,722
- 2014 –38,807
- 2015 –38,890
- 2016 – 38,982
Taking a look at the population of Annapolis from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 500 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 100. Hence, the population of Annapolis in 2017 is forecasted to be 38,982 + 100 = 39,082. So, the population of Annapolis in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 39,082.
Annapolis Population 2017 – 39,082 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF ANNAPOLIS:
As per the census of 2010, there were 38,394 individuals, 16,136 family units, and 8,776 families living in the city. There were 17,845 lodging units at an average density of 2,485.4 per square mile. The racial combination was 60.1% White, 26.0% Black, 0.3% Native American, 2.1% Asian and 2.6% from two or more races. Latinos were 16.8% of the population.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ANNAPOLIS:
The population density of the city is 2064 persons per square kilometer. Annapolis saw noteworthy population growth in the late 5 years as indicated by recently released measurements from the U.S. Registration Bureau.
The numbers consider births and deaths and in addition migration both in and out of states and areas. Be that as it may, the appraisals do exclude each and every registration assigned spot inside Maryland’s outskirts, for example, Glen Burnie, which had a 2010 population of more than 67,000 individuals.
FACTS ABOUT ANNAPOLIS:
- Four of the 56 marks found on the Declaration of Independence originated from occupants of Annapolis, Maryland.
- The city is the oldest state capitol in nonstop administrative use. It was additionally the capital of the fledging United States in 1783 where the Continental Congress would meet. This is additionally where the Treaty of Paris, the archive that authoritatively finished the American Revolutionary War, was agreed upon.
- Two noteworthy universities are situated in Annapolis. St. John’s College centers its educational programs after considering the works of art. Annapolis is additionally home to the U.S. Maritime Academy, which started in 1845. The Naval Academy offers guided visits and even has its own oceanic library.
- The Annapolis Rotary Crab Feast at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is the biggest crab feast on the planet. They assert just about 4 million crabs are broken in Annapolis every year.
- The capital of Maryland was initially called Providence when initially settled by the Puritans. The proprietor of the exclusive state later renamed the city after his better half.