Bridgeport is the most crowded city of Connecticut and the fifth most crowded in New England. Bridgeport was possessed by the Paugussett Indian tribe at the period of its English colonization. The English cultivating community turned into a focal point of exchange, shipbuilding, and whaling. The town fused itself to sponsor the Housatonic Railroad and quickly industrialized after its association with the New York and New Haven railroad. Manufacturing was the pillar of the neighborhood economy until the 1970s. Mechanical rebuilding and sub-urbanization brought on the loss of numerous occupations and well-off occupants, leaving Bridgeport battling with issues of neediness and wrongdoing. In the 21st century, transformation of office and industrial facility structures to private use and other redevelopment is pulling in new inhabitants. The city also has some amazing attractions.
POPULATION OF BRIDGEPORT IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Bridgeport in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –146,728
- 2013 –147,216
- 2014 –147,641
- 2015 –148,066
- 2016 – 148,491
Taking a look at the population of from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1763 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 352. Hence, the population of Bridgeport in 2017 is forecasted to be 148,491 + 352 = 148,843. So, the population of Bridgeport in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 148,843.
Bridgeport Population 2017 – 148,843 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF BRIDGEPORT:
According to the 2010 registration, the city’s population was spread out with 28.4% less than 18 years old, 11.2% from the age group 18-24, 30.5% from 25-44 and 11.5% who were 65 years old or more. The average age was 31 years. For each 100 females there were 91.2 males and for each 100 females over 18, there were 86.3 males. The average income for a household was $34,658, and the average pay for a family was $39,571.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF BRIDGEPORT:
The population density remains at 3354 persons per square kilometer. For such a large number of years we were seeing a populace loss in the city, however now we’re seeing an inversion, especially in spots like Black Rock and downtown. Several decades back, scarcely anybody lived in downtown Bridgeport, however now we’re seeing 4,000 individuals living there.
FACTS ABOUT BRIDGEPORT:
- The English initially touched base in the region in the mid-seventeenth century. Bridgeport was a piece of close-by Stratford, however was consolidated as its own town in 1821.
- By the twentieth century, manufacturing dominated its economy. In the year 1915, workers went on strike, wanting to constrain their workdays to eight hours. The city was the first in the Northeast to effectively build up an eight-hour day and is considered to have set the standard for the rest of the nation.
- Subway, the world’s biggest eatery network by number of areas, started as Pete’s Subway in Bridgeport. In 1965, with a $1000 advance from family companion Peter Buck built up it at a crummy area on a side road. Business was better at the second station downtown, making the Subway strategy for success.
- The characterizing bit of the city’s horizon is the red-and-white-striped smokestack of the Bridgeport Harbor Station.
- From the year 2007 to 2015, Seaside Park turned into a hipster wonderland for a couple days every late spring amid the Gathering of the Vibes, a music celebration/ obliging fans of jam groups.