Carson City is a free city and the capital of Nevada, named after the mountain man Kit Carson. As of the 2010 registration, the population was 55,274. Most of the number of inhabitants in the town lives in Eagle Valley, on the eastern edge of the Carson Range.
The city has served as the capital of Nevada since statehood in the year 1864 and for a lot of its history was a center point for the Virginia and Truckee Railroad, in spite of the fact that the tracks were expelled in the 1950s. Preceding 1969, Carson City was additionally the district seat of Ormsby County.
POPULATION OF CARSON CITY IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Carson City in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –53,916
- 2013 –54,131
- 2014 –54,522
- 2015 –54,929
- 2016 – 55,312
The population of Carson City in 2017 is forecasted to be 55,312 + 459 = 55,771. So, the population of Carson City in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 55,771
Carson Population 2017 – 55,771 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF CARSON CITY:
Information from the 2000 statistics shows that the average salary for a family in the city is $41,809. Males have a middle wage of $35,296 versus $27,418 for females. The per capita salary for the city is $20,943. 10.0% of its population and 6.9% of families are beneath the poverty line. Out of the aggregate population, 13.7% of those less than 18 years old and 5.8% of those 65 and more are living underneath the poverty line.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF CARSON CITY:
The population density of Carson City is 147 persons per square kilometer. The population of the city in the past has had a fluctuating record of net loss in population as well as growth in population. Currently, the city is going through a population growth in a moderate way. As far as future prediction for the city, it is expected to experience a heavy population growth rate in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT CARSON CITY:
- It has served as the capital of Nevada since statehood in the year 1864 and for a lot of its history was a center point for the Virginia and Truckee Railroad, in spite of the fact that the tracks were expelled in the 1950s.
- During the year 1969, the province was canceled and its region was converged with Carson City to frame the Consolidated Municipality of Carson City. With the combination, the city limits currently expand west over the Sierra Nevada to the California state.
- The city began its history as a way station for white pilgrims trying to make it rich at the Gold Rush. In any case in 1859, gold miners hit silver in the slopes east of the city
- Carson River goes through Fort Churchill and obviously, Carson City. Occupants are no stranger to the towering, delightful cottonwood trees that outskirt the riverbanks. Fishers will discover the stream supplied with rainbow trout, however they’ll additionally find huge catfish and bullhead catfish
- While the city might be a top shop in Nevada, the U.S. Registration Bureau doesn’t affirm. The city is the smallest of the country’s 366 Metropolitan Statistical Areas.
Read Latest Carson City Population in 2018