Charleston is the capital and biggest city of West Virginia. It is situated at the juncture of the Elk and Kanawha Rivers in Kanawha County. Early businesses essential to Charleston included salt and the principal natural gas. Later, coal got to be fundamental to financial thriving in the city and the encompassing territory. Today, exchange, government and education assume central parts in the city’s economy.
The city likewise contains public parks, for example, Coonskin Park and the Kanawha State Forest, an extensive public park that manages a pool, campgrounds, a few biking/strolling trails and also a few shelters accommodated for recreational use.
POPULATION OF CHARLESTON West Virginia IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Charleston in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –51,014
- 2013 –50,800
- 2014 –51,400
- 2015 –51,642
- 2016 – 51,934
Taking a look at the population of Charleston from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 920 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 184. Hence, the population of Charleston in 2017 is forecasted to be 51,934 + 184 = 52,118. So, the population of Charleston in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 52,118.
Charleston Population 2017 – 52,118 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF CHARLESTON:
As of the evaluation of 2010, there were 51,400 individuals and 12,587 families living in the city. There were 26,205 lodging units at an average density of 831.4 per square mile. The racial combination of the city was 78.4% White, 16% Black, 1% Native American, 2.3% Asian and 3.2% from two or more races. Hispanic of any race were around 1.4% of the total population.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF CHARLESTON:
The population density of the city is 629.6 persons per square kilometer. Estimates released by the U.S. Census Bureau Thursday show Charleston had a dip in population in the year 2013. Over the years prior to 2010, the city has been continuously experiencing severe population loss but somehow from 2010 it has been under control, except in the year 2013. As per future estimates, the city would be having a better population growth rate in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT CHARLESTON:
- The primary state capitol was made in the year 1885 and after 36 years it was devoured by a fire. At the point when the fire was smoldering, it set off ammunition that was on the top floor. This brought on individuals in the city to keep running in fear. Amid the perplexity, two men stole a fire truck and were captured by the police.
- After Abraham Lincoln pronounced that northwestern Virginia be returned back to the Union, West Virginia formally turned into a Union state in 1863.
- Charleston is the area of the principal brick road that was laid in the whole world. Known as Summers Street, it was made on October 23, 1870.
- Amid the Civil War’s first days, Patton sorted out the Kanawha Riflemen and struggled for the Confederacy. Therefore, he was murdered at the Battle of Winchester. Much to his dismay that his grandson would turn into the acclaimed General George S. Patton Jr., a World War II legend.
- Revealed in the mid 1800s, the West Virginia Salt Brines were found adjacent to the Kanawha River. The primary salt well was set up in 1806. Charleston’s economy started to succeed and the city got to be one of the essential salt suppliers on the planet.
Read Latest Charleston Population in 2018