Dover is the capital and second-biggest city in Delaware. It is likewise the district seat of Kent County and the central city of the Dover, which incorporates all of Kent County. Dover was most broadly the home of Caesar Rodney, the wartime pioneer of Delaware amid the American Revolution. He is known to be buried outside Dover, yet the exact area of his grave is obscure. A cenotaph in his honor is raised in the burial ground of the Christ Episcopal Church, close to The Green in Dover.
POPULATION OF DOVER IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Dover in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –37,236
- 2013 –37,376
- 2014 –37,612
- 2015 –37,810
- 2016 – 37,924
Taking a look at the population of Dover from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 688 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 137. Hence, the population of Dover in 2017 is forecasted to be 37,924 + 137 = 38,061. So, the population of Dover in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 38,061.
Dover Population 2017- 38061 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF DOVER:
According to 2010, there were 12,340 family units out of which 30.0% had youngsters less than 18 years old living with them, 40.4% were hitched couples living respectively, 16.7% had a female householder with no spouse present and 39.2% were non-families. 31.4% of all families were comprised of people and 10.6% had somebody living alone who was 65 years old or more. The normal household size was 2.35 and the normal family size was 2.98.
In the city the age dissemination of the population indicates 23.5% less than 18 years old, 15.7% from 18-24, 28% from 25-44 and 13.3% who were 65 years old or more.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF DOVER:
The population density of Dover is 617 persons per square kilometer. The population growth rate of Dover has been on the slower side, statistics of the past proves it. It is expected that the population growth rate of the city is going to grow at a similar pace in the coming years. One of the main reason for its slow growth is the lack of immigrants migrating to this part of the United States.
FACTS ABOUT DOVER:
- Eldridge Reeves Johnson was born in Wilmington and experienced childhood in Dover. He was the innovator of the phonograph and author of the Victor Talking Machine Company, currently known as RCA.
- Numerous know Delaware was the principal state to sanction the Constitution. Be that as it may, Dover assumed a critical part all the while. On Dec. 7, 1787, delegates from the 13 provinces met at the Golden Fleece Inn on the Green in Dover. It was here that America’s establishing fathers at the end of the day took to the undertaking of rehashing the wheel. The main sanction gave an excess of power to the states, however the Dover initiative would adjust the new nation.
- Dickinson’s house is currently a historical center in Dover and guests can see the records and instruments from his profession. It is outfitted with family pieces and collectibles of the period.
- Dover, in the same way as other urban communities had profound ties with the Underground Railroad. Subjection was vigorously discussed in these states and, yes, the North had a minority of unmistakable natives who profited exchanging human lives.
- The city is home to one of the country’s most trusted and regarded charge units — the Air Force Mortuary Affairs Operations.