Helena is the capital city of Montana and the area seat of Lewis and Clark County. Initially established as a gold camp amid the Montana gold rush for unheard of wealth, the city was set up in 1864. Over $3.6 billion of gold was taken in as far as possible over a length of two decades, making it one of the wealthiest urban areas in America in the mid-nineteenth century. The centralization of riches added to the city’s noticeable, elaborate Victorian engineering. It is the important city of the Helena of Montana, which incorporates all of Clark and Jefferson provinces.
POPULATION OF HELENA IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Helena in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –29,177
- 2013 –29,596
- 2014 –29,943
- 2015 –30,246
- 2016 – 30,550
Taking a look at the population of Helena from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1373 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 274. Hence, the population of Helena in 2017 is forecasted to be 30,550 + 274 = 30,824. So, the population of Helena in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 30,824.
Helena population 2017 – 30824 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF HELENA:
According to the 2010 statistics, there were 12,780 family units of which 24.3% had youngsters less than 18 years old living with them, 38.2% were hitched couples living respectively, 10.6% had a female householder with no spouse present, 3.6% had a male householder without a wife and 47.6% were non-families. 39.8% of all families were comprised of people and 13.5% had somebody living alone who was 65 years old or more. The normal family size was 2.07.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF HELENA:
The population density of Helena is 665.7 persons per square kilometer. The population growth rate of the city has been on the moderate side and as per estimates it is expected that the population of the city is going to grow at a faster rate in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT HELENA:
- Helena was established unintentionally by four Georgia men who chose to take one final risk in their quest for gold. Different excavators found out about it and Helena was soon a booming town. Government took after the gold; with every one of the excavators moving into Helena, it was chosen to move the regional capital from Virginia City, close to Montana’s first enormous gold strike.
- Helena owes its name to Minnesota. It was nearly named Crabtown after one of the Georgia excavators.
- The citizens transform their utilized Christmas trees into homes for fish. The yearly Pines for Perch program gathers trees – or you can take them in yourself. The trees are taken to Canyon Ferry Lake where the Fish Wildlife and Parks Department sink packs of them as homes for roost.
- The Natatorium at Hotel Broadwater was nourished by more than 1 million gallons of hot spring water every day, as indicated by a Helena recorded site. Inn visitors could likewise ride electric trolleys to and from downtown Helena. The inn was intensely harmed by seismic tremors in 1935 and the natatorium was thumped down in 1946. The lodging itself was annihilated in 1974.
5. The city was struck by three seismic tremors in October 1935 and photographs showed on the Helena History site demonstrate big damages to structures and houses. The tremor on October 12 measured 5.9 on the Richter Scale and the one on the nineteenth measured 6.
Now find the latest population of Helena in 2019 here