Honolulu is the biggest city in Hawaii. It is the area seat of the city and County of Honolulu on the island of Oahu. It is the most crowded city and the state capital of Hawaii. It is the primary door to Hawaii and a noteworthy entry into the United States. The city is likewise a noteworthy center point for worldwide business, military resistance, and additionally broadly being host to a various types of east-west and Pacific society, cooking, and conventions. It is the most remote city of its size on the planet and is both the westernmost and the southernmost major U.S. city. The city is additionally a popular place among surfing enthusiasts from around the world.
POPULATION OF HONOLULU IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Honolulu in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –388,067
- 2013 –392,500
- 2014 –396,780
- 2015 –399,320
- 2016 – 402,694
The population of Honolulu in 2017 is forecasted to be 402,694 + 1500 = 404,194. So, the population of Honolulu in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 404,194
Honolulu Population 2017 – 404,194 (estimated).
DEMOGRAPHY OF HONOLULU:
Asian Americans are in majority in the city. The biggest ethnic groups incorporate Japanese (20%), Chinese (10%), Koreans (4%), Filipino (13%) and Vietnamese (2%). Those of simply Native Hawaiian parentage are only 3.2% of the population today. Samoan Americans represent 1.5% of the city’s population. Hawaii is the main U.S. state with an Asian dominant part.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF HONOLULU:
The population density is 2493 persons per square kilometer. As indicated by the last statistics, the number of inhabitants in the island of Oahu, on which Honolulu is found, grew 8.8% from the year 2000 to 2010. By 2030, the state all in all is anticipated to have a population of 1.47 million, up more than 9% from the 2010 population.
Honolulu itself is developing all the more gradually. After twofold digit growth from 1900 to 1980, the city posted flat development in 1990. From that point forward, growth has been much slower for a few reasons.
FACTS ABOUT HONOLULU:
- You can go to prison for angling with toxic substance, electric streams, or explosive. Who angles with explosive?
- We should thank Honolulu for Casual Friday. Around in the 1970s, attire organizations in Honolulu persuaded administrators to permit workers to dress down so they could offer garments. The casual clothing standard then hovered around the rest of the nation.
- Regardless of its poor image Spam is gigantically well known in Honolulu. The distinction is local people know how to cook it right, making Spam musubi and Spam sushi.
- The celebrated Naval Station Pearl Harbor is neighboring Honolulu and is most likely best known for the attacks on it to begin World War II. In any case, it’s still a dynamic military office, now called Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam and it has an extensive presence in the city.
- A standout among the most famous vacation destinations in Honolulu is the Punchbowl. This dedication to men and ladies in the U.S. Military is recorded on the National Register of Historic places and has a large number of guests a year.
Now find the latest population of Honolulu in 2019 here