Jackson is the capital and biggest city of Mississippi. It is found basically in Hinds County, serving as one of its two district seats. Fragments of the city cover Madison County and Rankin County. Jackson is situated on the Pearl River, which channels into the Gulf of Mexico and it is a piece of the Jackson Prairie locale of the state.
The locale that is presently the city of Jackson was generally part of the extensive region possessed by the Choctaw Nation, the historic society of the Muskogean-talking indigenous people groups who had occupied the zone for a great many years before European experience. The city is also very well known for its different types street food that you can find and enjoy some lip smacking junk food dishes.
POPULATION OF JACKSON IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Jackson in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –175,195
- 2013 –172,638
- 2014 –171,892
- 2015 –170,302
- 2016 – 171,100
The population of Jackson in 2017 is forecasted to be 171,100 + 692 = 171,792. So, the population of Jackson in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 171,792
Jackson Population 2017 – 171,792 (estimated).
DEMOGRAPHY OF JACKSON:
As of the registration of 2010, there were 173,514 individuals and 62,400 family units. There were 74,537 lodging units. The racial combination of Jackson was 79.4% Black , 18.4% Euro American, 0.4% Asian, and 0.9% from two or more races. 1.6% of its population were Hispanic. Non-Hispanic Whites were about 18% in 2010, down from abput 60% in 1970.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF JACKSON:
The population density of Jackson is 276 persons per square kilometer. The U.S. Statistics Bureau extends that Jackson’s population will develop by 1.2 percent, which conflicts with the pattern. In 1980, it had 202,895 individuals. In any case, after 10 years, the population had tumbled to 196,637 as per the U.S. Evaluation. In 2000, the populace tumbled to 184,286, and in 2010 it hit 173,514. Right now, from the period between 2011-2015 the city has encountered development and additionally population loss. The figures has been fluctuating in the late 2-4 years however it is normal that the city would encounter stable population growth in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT JACKSON:
- It is one of just four urban communities of the world authorized by The International Theater-Dance Committee to have the International Ballet Competition. The other three incorporate Moscow, Helsinki,Varna.
- Around 60 percent of the nation’s homestead raised catfish comes straight from Mississippi. Belzoni has a Catfish Museum to respect the rough looking informal state legend.
- Regardless of its little population, amid the Civil War, Jackson turned into a key focal point of manufacturing for the Confederate States of America. In 1863, amid the crusade which finished in the catch of Vicksburg, Union powers caught Jackson amid two fights—once before the fall of Vicksburg and once after the fall of Vicksburg.
- Amid Mississippi’s augmented Prohibition period, from the 1920s until the 1960s, illicit drinking and betting clubs prospered on the east side of the Pearl River,
- Amid World War II, Hawkins Field in northwest Jackson was produced as a noteworthy airbase.