Montgomery is the capital of Alabama and is the province seat of Montgomery County. It is situated on the Alabama River, in the Gulf Coastal Plain. The city was joined in 1819 as a merger of two towns arranged along the Alabama River. It turned into the state capital in 1846, representing the movement of power toward the south-focal range with the development of cotton as an item harvest of the Black Belt and the ascent of Mobile as a trade port on the Gulf Coast. In 1861, Montgomery was chosen as the primary capital of the Confederate States of America, until the seat of government shifted to Richmond, Virginia, in May of the same year.
POPULATION OF MONTGOMERY IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Montgomery in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –204,573
- 2013 –201,332
- 2014 –203,345
- 2015 –200,602
- 2016 – 199,102
The population of Montgomery in 2017 is forecasted to be 199,102 – 554 = 198,548. So, the population of Montgomery in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 198,548.
Montgomery Population 2017 – 198,548 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF MONTGOMERY:
It’s population was spread out with 24.9% less than 18 years old, 11.7% from 18-24, 27.3% ranging from 25- 44 and 11.8% who were 65 years old or above. The average age was 34 years. For each 100 females there were 88.6 males. For each 100 females over the age of 18, there were about 84.5 males. The average salary for a household in the city was $41,380, and the average pay for a family was $53,125. Males had a middle salary of $40,255 as compared to $33,552 for females.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF MONTGOMERY:
The population density of the city is 510 persons per square kilometer. Montgomery County saw the biggest populace increment in the state a year ago, yet has the area’s least rate of growth in the most recent five years, as per new measurements released by the U.S. Registration Bureau.
It was at any rate the fifth straight year Montgomery was home to the biggest aggregate populace increment of the state’s 24 wards, which incorporates 23 areas and Baltimore City. Be that as it may, the rate of growth kept on abating.
FACTS ABOUT MONTGOMERY:
- Montgomery was made by an Act of the Legislature of the Mississippi Territory on December 6, 1816, one year before Congress passed the empowering demonstration, permitting the making of the Alabama Territory from the Mississippi Territory.
- Montgomery County has an exceptionally beautiful background. Settlers initially started to populate the territory in the mid 1800s.
- The terrains of Montgomery County were set available to be purchased at the Federal Land Office in Milledgeville in 1816. Bigger packages were sold to engineers who subdivided the area into parcels for urban business and private use, foreordaining a noteworthy city on the banks of the Alabama River at Montgomery.
- The city remained the sole municipality in the region until the Town of Pike Road joined in 1997.
- Montgomery turned into the county seat in the year 1822, was based in favor of the Indian town Ikanatchati, which implies red ground and Towasa on a high red feign referred to Alibamu Indians as Chunnaanaauga Chatty.
Now find the latest population of Montgomery in 2019 here