Olympia is the capital of Washington and the region seat of Thurston County. It was fused on January 28, 1859. The population was reported as 46,478 in the 2010 enumeration. The city fringes Lacey toward the east and Tum water toward the south. Olympia is a noteworthy social center of the Puget Sound area. The city is found 100 km southwest of Seattle, the biggest city of Washington and falls inside the outskirts of the Seattle CSA.
The initially recorded visit by Europeans was in the year 1792 when Peter Puget and a team from the British Vancouver Expedition diagrammed the site.
POPULATION OF OLYMPIA IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Olympia in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –47,825
- 2013 –48,335
- 2014 –48,664
- 2015 –48,990
- 2016 – 49,316
Taking a look at the population of Olympia from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1491 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 298. Hence, the population of Olympia in 2017 is forecasted to be 49,316 + 298 = 49,614. So, the population of Olympia in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 49,614.
Olympia Population 2017 – 49,614 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF OLYMPIA:
As of the census of 2010, there were 46,478 individuals and 10,672 families living in the city. There were 22,086 lodging units at an average density of 1,239.4 per square mile. The racial combination was 83.7% White, 2.0% Black, 6.0% Asian,1% Native American, 0.4% Pacific Islander and 5.0% from two or more races. Hispanics were about 6.3% of the total population.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF OLYMPIA:
The population density of Olympia is 1007 persons per square kilometer. Olympia had the most astounding rate of growth among the state’s metropolitan zones somewhere around 2007 as per estimates released by the U.S. Evaluation Bureau.
Currently, the city is having a moderate population growth rate and it is expected that this trend is going to continue in the years to come.
FACTS ABOUT OLYMPIA:
- Olympia is not at all like numerous other state capitals. For one thing, it is not a standout among the most populated urban communities in the state. In numerous states, the capital city is as a rule in the main 10 urban citie.
- The city’s place in rock history will be everlastingly guaranteed. Numerous individuals think Kurt Cobain was from Seattle and Nirvana was made there. Actually, he was born in Aberdeen. This was a discouraged logging town and in all probability had an effect on his life.
Cobain moved to this city, where he and his friend known as Krist Novoselic established the notable band. Cobain did die in Seattle, the aftereffect of a self-incurred gunshot wound.
- It has two Sister Cities, both in Asia. The first is Yashiro Town situated in Japan. It was renamed Kato in the year 2006. This understanding became effective on April 22, 1981 The second city is NanChang, situated in China and has been as a result since August 2010.
- At the point when the Washington Territory was framed in 1853, Olympia was instantly chosen to be the capital by Gov. Isaac Stevens.
- The Port of Olympia is at present toward the start of a noteworthy remodel plant with long haul implications to the community The plan was embraced in November 2012 and is relied upon to take until 2025 to finish.
Read Latest Olympia Population in 2018