Sacramento is the capital city of California and the seat of Sacramento County. It is at the conjunction of the Sacramento River and the American River in the northern bit of California’s extensive Central Valley. It was named after the Sacramento River, which frames its western outskirt.
California State University is the biggest university in the city and one of 23 campuses in the California State University framework. Sacramento has many amazing restaurants with dishes of different countries served. It also has a charm of its own with various attractions and one can easily tour the city by hiring a bicycle for a mere amount and get to know each and every detail of the city. If you’re a wanderlust, you should definitely try visiting this beautiful city known as Sacramento.
POPULATION OF SACRAMENTO IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Sacramento in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –475,367
- 2013 –479,686
- 2014 –485,199
- 2015 –488,629
- 2016 – 492,405
Taking a look at the population of Sacramento from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 17,138 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 3427. Hence, the population of Sacramento in 2017 is forecasted to be 492,405 + 3427 = 495,832. So, the population of Sacramento in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 495,832.
Sacramento Population 2017 – 495,832 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF SACRAMENTO:
As of the statistics of 2000, there are 407,018 individuals, 154,581 family units, and 91,202 families dwelling in the city. The racial combination of the city is 41.1% White, 19.5% African, 1.3% Native American, 12.6% Asian, 11.0% from other races. 21.6% of them are Hispanic or Latino.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF SACRAMENTO:
The population density is 1800 persons per square kilometer. As indicated by the latest state figures, the Sacramento zone will see a portion of the most strongest population growth in California in coming years. Demographers predict that California’s Hispanic population will turn into the biggest ethnic group at some point in 2014. In 2010, the Hispanic population was about 38%, while the population of whites was 40%. These figures will be turned around by 2020.
The state all in all accomplished the highest population growth rate in 2013 in over 10 years, adding more than 38 million individuals.
FACTS ABOUT SACRAMENTO:
- Sacramento is California’s 6th capital since the year 1854. The city was the state capital previously, was then dropped and afterward obviously is currently the supreme city. Earlier capitals incorporate Monterey, Benicia and San Jose.
- At the point when Sacramento redesigned the Capitol working in 1976, it was recorded as the biggest rebuilding venture in U.S. history around then.
- Sacramento is generally two urban cities in one – an expansive system of passages stay underneath the establishment of the city. The system was deserted when the city was raised to maintain a strategic distance from flood harm.
- The city has a productive measure of exhibition halls. From the California State Railroad Museum to the Crocker Art Museum, there are many free and confirmation paid exhibition halls in the Sacramento district. The Crocker is the longest running craftsmanship gallery in the western United States.
- Before the Kings, they were a semi-proficient group from Rochester, NY known as The Royals. They then turned into the Kansas City Kings and in 1985 turned into the Sacramento Kings.