West Virginia is a state situated in the Appalachian area of the Southern United States. It is the 41st biggest by region and the 38th most crowded of the 50 United States. The capital and biggest city is Charleston. West Virginia turned into a state after the Wheeling Conventions of 1861, in which delegates from some Unionist areas of northwestern Virginia chose to split from Virginia amid the American Civil War, in spite of the fact that they included numerous secessionist districts in the new state. The state was admitted to the Union on June 20, 1863 and was a key Civil War border state. West Virginia has similar characteristics and scenic views like that of Virginia. Though both the state were one at a time but that doesn’t stop them from being very similar to each other in many different ways.
POPULATION OF WEST VIRGINIA IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of West Virginia in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.856 Million
- 2013 –1.854 Million
- 2014 –1.85 Million
- 2015 –1.862 Million
- 2016 – 1.864 Million
Taking a look at the population of West Virginia from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.008 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.0016 Million. Hence, the population of West Virginia in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.864 Million + 0.0016 Million = 1.8656 Million. So, the population of West Virginia in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.8656 Million.
West Virginia Population 2017 – 1.8656 Million (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF WEST VIRGINIA:
As per the 2010 Census, the racial organization of the state: 93.2% White, 3.4% African American, 0.2% American Indian, 0.7% Asian, 0.1% from some other race, 1.3% Multi-racial. Around the same time, 1.2% of West Virginia’s population was of Hispanic or Spanish inception.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF WEST VIRGINIA:
77.1 persons per square kilometer is the population density of West Virginia. It has one of the slowest growth rates in the nation at a minor 0.07%, which positions 46th. The state had a couple of years of extremely tepid population growth. This is because of the quantity of deaths are dwarfing births in West Virginia and there have been quite recently slight additions in the number of people relocating to the spot. Its population is aging speedier than the nation.
Truly, it has one of the oldest populations of any state in the nation, expected birth rate will become higher than the country all in all in the year 2030. It is likely that the state will keep on aging than than the rest of the country.
FACTS ABOUT WEST VIRGINIA:
- The state is viewed as the southern most northern state and the northern most southern state.
- On January 26, 1960 Danny Heater, an understudy from Burnsville scored 135 points in a secondary school basketball game, gaining him a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The state’s Memorial Tunnel was the first in the country to be observed by TV. It opened in November 8, 1954.
- Moundsville is the place of the continent’s biggest cone-molded ancient internment mound. It is 69 feet high and 900 feet in perimeter at the base and was started on March 19, 1838.
- The principal brick street on the planet was laid in Charleston on October 23, 1870 between Virginia streets and Kanawha.